Below you can find information for facilities that want to produce hand sanitizer. We will continue to provide updates to these resources as the situation changes and new information becomes available.
- Visit this page from Cornell AgriTech to find Guidance on the Production of Hand Sanitizers. Posted on April 17, 2020.
- Visit this page from the American Craft Spirits Association to find useful resources for facilities that are producing hand sanitizers and sanitizing sprays. Posted on April 17, 2020.
- Visit this page from The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to find COVID-19 advisory on hand-sanitizer raw materials and recommendations for prioritization. Posted on April 13, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find their Temporary Policy for firms that register as over-the-counter (OTC) drug manufacturers and want to produce hand sanitizer. Posted on March 31, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on their Temporary Policy for Manufacture of Alcohol for Incorporation Into Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer Products During the Public Health Emergency (COVID-19). Posted on March 31, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on the Policy for Temporary Compounding of Certain Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer Products During the Public Health Emergency Immediately in Effect Guidance for Industry. Posted on March 31, 2020.
- Visit this page from The Distilled Spirits Council to find information for facilities that want to produce hand sanitizer, such as how to source ingredients, locate packaging, find buyers, and address other concerns. Posted on March 31, 2020.
If you have specific questions around ingredients, cleaning/sanitation chemicals and procedures, personnel practices, or other food safety, supply, and distribution changes due to the impact of COVID-19, reach out to our experts:
- Dairy: Rob Ralyea (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kimberly Bukowski (email@example.com)
- Fresh Produce: Dr. Elizabeth Bihn (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Gretchen Wall (email@example.com)
- Processed Fruits and Vegetables: Dr. Martin Wiedmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Randy Worobo (email@example.com)
- Fermented Beverages: Dr. Anna Katharine Mansfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Chris Gerling (email@example.com)
- All Other Foods: Dr. Olga Padilla-Zakour (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Bruno Xavier (email@example.com)
- For Resources in Spanish: Karen Ospina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our team can also provide process authority services in case you need to change processes and/or formulations due to COVID-19 related challenges. For more information visit the Cornell Food Venture Center and for dairy-related process authority services contact Rob Ralyea (email@example.com).