Below you can find useful links to resources to help address your specific questions regarding COVID-19. We will continue to provide updates to these resources as the situation changes and new information becomes available.
Visit our Food Safety Practices page for tips and information on safely handling, cooking and storing food.
- Visit this page from The New York Times to find their ‘Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker’ with updates on COVID-19 vaccine development. Posted on July 27, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find a consumer advisory to not use hand sanitizer products manufactured by Eskbiochem. Posted on June 23, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find information on food and COVID-19. Posted on June 22, 2020.
- Visit this page from the USDA to find information on food planning during COVID-19. Posted on June 22, 2020.
- Visit this page from the BC FoodSafe Program to find a user friendly bleach concentration calculator. Posted on June 22, 2020.
- Visit this page for a recording of Virtual Office Hours from June 3, 2020, where we addressed an audience from Cornell Cooperative Extension who submitted consumer questions related to COVID-19. Posted on June 4, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC for information on cleaning and disinfecting your home. Posted on May 27, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC for what to do if you are sick. Posted on May 27, 2020.
- Visit this page from Institute for Food Safety at Cornell University to find a factsheet on COVID-19 in relation to Wet-markets and Live Animal Markets. Posted on May 22, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on Shopping for Food During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Posted on May 4, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on Good Nutrition and Using the Updated Nutrition Facts Label During the Coronavirus Pandemic. Posted on May 1, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on COVID-19 and your pets. Posted on May 1, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find an interview with Frank Yiannas on Food Safety and Availability During and Beyond COVID-19. Posted on April 17, 2020.
- See this message provided by NYS Commissioner Ball and this message provided by FDA Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas on concerns regarding the safety and supply of food. Posted on March 25, 2020.
- WHO has partnered with WhatsApp and Facebook to launch a WHO Health Alert messaging service that will provide the latest news and information on COVID-19, including details on symptoms and how people can protect themselves (many available languages). Posted on March 25, 2020.
- UPS Delivery Operations Continue Even in Restricted Areas. Posted on March 19, 2020.
A Research Opportunity!
Sensory Evaluation Center is asking you to participate in a research study titled “COVID-19 Web Page Experience and Knowledge Testing Research”.
COVID-19 FAQs Video Series
- Some people are still not wearing cloth face coverings when shopping, is it safe for me to pass by them in the shopping aisle?
- How long will the COVID-19 virus survive on food, food packaging and other surfaces?
- How do we know for sure COVID-19 is not transmitted though food?
- I hear a lot of big food companies are having problems with COVID-19, am I safer buying local food?
- I have a lot of cans in my pantry that are expired and frozen meat in my freezer that has been in there for a long time; is this food still safe to eat?
- I'm confused about how to handle my groceries when I come home, should I use chemicals to disinfect produce?
- Am I at risk of getting infected with COVID-19 if the food service worker or delivery person coughs or sneezes on my food and packaging?
For More Frequently Asked Questions:
Educational Videos on COVID-19 (English & Spanish)
COVID-19 Information for Food Industry Workers
For Questions Related to Food Safety During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Visit this page from the FDA Center for Food Safety and Nutrition to find an electronic form where you can submit your COVID-19 food safety questions directly to the FDA Center for Food Safety and Nutrition.
Posted on March 20, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19.
Posted on March 20, 2020.