Below you can find useful links to resources to help address your specific questions regarding COVID-19. We will continue to provide updates to these resources as the situation changes and new information becomes available.
Visit our Food Safety Practices page for tips and information on safely handling, cooking and storing food.
In this episode, Dr. Aljosa Trmcic, Dairy Extension Associate at Cornell University, discusses the latest vaccine approved for use in the U.S. and explains why wearing face coverings and maintaining social distance are still important practices after being fully vaccinated.
En este episodio Karen Ospina resuelve algunas inquietudes acerca del porque tenemos que usar cubierta facial después de ser vacunados.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find a toolkit with useful information for pregnant people and new parents. Posted on February 10, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find information on how to protect your home from COVID-19. Posted on December 2, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find guidelines on how to protect yourself and others during holiday gatherings. Posted on November 12, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find information on food and COVID-19. Posted on June 22, 2020.
- Visit this page from the USDA to find information on food planning during COVID-19. Posted on June 22, 2020.
- Visit this page from the BC FoodSafe Program to find a user friendly bleach concentration calculator. Posted on June 22, 2020.
- Visit this page for a recording of Virtual Office Hours from June 3, 2020, where we addressed an audience from Cornell Cooperative Extension who submitted consumer questions related to COVID-19. Posted on June 4, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC for information on cleaning and disinfecting your home. Posted on May 27, 2020.
- Visit this page from the CDC for what to do if you are sick. Posted on May 27, 2020.
- Visit this page from Institute for Food Safety at Cornell University to find a factsheet on COVID-19 in relation to Wet-markets and Live Animal Markets. Posted on May 22, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on Shopping for Food During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Posted on May 4, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on Good Nutrition and Using the Updated Nutrition Facts Label During the Coronavirus Pandemic. Posted on May 1, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on COVID-19 and your pets. Posted on May 1, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find an interview with Frank Yiannas on Food Safety and Availability During and Beyond COVID-19. Posted on April 17, 2020.
- See this message provided by NYS Commissioner Ball and this message provided by FDA Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas on concerns regarding the safety and supply of food. Posted on March 25, 2020.
COVID-19 FAQs Video Series
- Some people are still not wearing cloth face coverings when shopping, is it safe for me to pass by them in the shopping aisle?
- How long will the COVID-19 virus survive on food, food packaging and other surfaces?
- How do we know for sure COVID-19 is not transmitted though food?
- I hear a lot of big food companies are having problems with COVID-19, am I safer buying local food?
- I have a lot of cans in my pantry that are expired and frozen meat in my freezer that has been in there for a long time; is this food still safe to eat?
- I'm confused about how to handle my groceries when I come home, should I use chemicals to disinfect produce?
- Am I at risk of getting infected with COVID-19 if the food service worker or delivery person coughs or sneezes on my food and packaging?
For More Frequently Asked Questions:
Educational Videos on COVID-19 (English & Spanish)
COVID-19 Information for Food Industry Workers
For Questions Related to Food Safety During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Visit this page from the FDA Center for Food Safety and Nutrition to find an electronic form where you can submit your COVID-19 food safety questions directly to the FDA Center for Food Safety and Nutrition.
Posted on March 20, 2020.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19.
Posted on March 20, 2020.