Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Safety (FSIL)
COVID-19 Rapid Response Project
The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Safety (FSIL) is working to address COVID-19 related food safety and food security challenges in six target countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, Kenya, Nepal, Senegal, and the United Republic of Tanzania). There is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through food or food packaging, but the food industry must implement technical, organizational and personnel measures to manage risks associated with COVID-19. It is particularly important to reduce person-to-person transmission in all parts of the food system (e.g., farming, harvest, slaughter, processing) thereby reducing disruptions in the supply chain, preventing shutdowns of processing facilities and sustaining a safe food supply.
This project aims to build an international community of COVID-19 subject matter experts to support the food industry. We will mentor a team of in-country subject matter experts and support them with coordinating Food Industry Virtual Office Hours within their own countries. In addition, we will work with this international food systems COVID-19 subject matter expert community to customize and translate relevant resources to assist the food industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
International Food Systems COVID-19 Community
We have partnered with subject matter experts from six target countries. Learn more about our partners in the international food systems COVID-19 subject matter expert community and find translated resources for each target country here:
- Bangladesh (Content coming soon!)
- Cambodia (Content coming soon!)
- Tanzania (Content coming soon!)
Selected COVID-19 Global Resources
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Global Response
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic
- World Health Organization (WHO) Nutrition and Food Safety (NFS) and COVID-19
- United Nations (UN) COVID-19 Response
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) COVID-19 Resources
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation COVID-19 Perspectives on the global response to the 2019 novel coronavirus
- COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University
This website is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency of International Development (USAID). The contents are the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government. Program activities are funded by USAID under Cooperative Agreement No. 7200AA19LE00003.