This document outlines a draft checklist on COVID-19 risk management strategy implementation for food companies. Possible measures to be implemented are organized following the “TOP” principle – Technical/ Organizational/ Personnel. This is a guide only and any given company is strongly encouraged to modify this to fit their situation and circumstances.
- Food Facility COVID-19 Strategy Checklist
PDF, Updated on March 23, 2020.
- Download a word document version here. Updated on March 23, 2020.
- Download a spanish version here. Updated on March 23, 2020.
This is a work in progress; please contact Louise Felker with feedback and suggestions for corrections. We will post updated versions as we further improve this document.
Frequently Touched Surfaces Checklist (English & Spanish)
- Download a checklist of frequently touched surfaces. Posted on March 20, 2020.
- Download a checklist in spanish of frequently touched surfaces. Posted on March 20, 2020.
COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures
- Download an SOP for actions when a worker is tested for and/or tests positive for COVID-19.
Updated on March 30, 2020.
- Download an SSOP for cleaning and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces.
Posted on March 30, 2020.
Visit our Food Industry Resources page for links with more information.
Visit our Food Industry FAQs page for more information for the food industry.
Visit our NYS Laws & Regulations page for current information on regulatory requirements.
If you have specific questions around ingredients, cleaning/sanitation chemicals and procedures, personnel practices, or other food safety, supply, and distribution changes due to the impact of COVID-19, reach out to our experts:
- Dairy: Rob Ralyea (email@example.com) and Kimberly Bukowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fresh Produce: Dr. Elizabeth Bihn (email@example.com) and Michele Humiston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Processed Fruits and Vegetables: Dr. Martin Wiedmann (email@example.com) and Dr. Randy Worobo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fermented Beverages: Dr. Anna Katharine Mansfield (email@example.com) and Chris Gerling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All Other Foods: Dr. Olga Padilla-Zakour (email@example.com) and Dr. Bruno Xavier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For Resources in Spanish: Karen Ospina (email@example.com)
Our team can also provide process authority services in case you need to change processes and/or formulations due to COVID-19 related challenges. For more information visit the Cornell Food Venture Center and for dairy-related process authority services contact Rob Ralyea (firstname.lastname@example.org).