Information on New Variants
- NEW! Visit this page to find information on how the CDC is responding to SARS-CoV-2 variants globally. Posted on March 1, 2021.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find information about the number of cases in different states caused by new variants of the virus. Posted on February 2, 2021.
- Visit this page from the CDC to find an overview of available information on new SARS-CoV-2 variants. Posted on January 28, 2021.
- Visit this page from WHO to find useful information on SARS-CoV-2 variants that were first identified in Africa. Posted on January 28, 2021.
- Visit this page from the FDA to find information on three molecular tests that might have reduced sensitivity to some of the variants of SARS-CoV-2. Posted on January 28, 2021.
Information on the B.1.1.7 Variant
- Visit this page from the CDC to find information on the emergence of the new B.1.1.7 variant of SARS-CoV-2 virus. Posted on January 25, 2021.
In this episode, Dr. Elizabeth Demmings, IFS@CU's Program Coordinator and Extension Specialist, emphasizes strategies to protect yourself against the new coronavirus variants spreading in the US and addresses the topic of wearing two masks.
En este episodio Karen Ospina habla acerca de las nuevas variantes y el uso de la doble mascarilla.
In this episode, Dr. Martin Wiedmann, Gellert Family Professor in Food Safety, discusses SARS-CoV-2 variants and provides a few updates on the COVID-19 vaccines and how vaccinations are rolling out.
En este episodio Karen Ospina habla sobre la nueva variante del COVID-19 y responde algunas preguntas acerca de la vacuna.